Texts and Data to be Valid Evidence in China Supreme People’s Court
According to the notice of the Supreme People’s Court published on 26 December, electronic data on China’s popular WeChat and Weibo platforms can be used as evidence in the future. Electronic data includes:
· Messages posted on web pages, blogs, Weibo and other network platforms;
· Communication information of mobile phone SMS, e-mail, instant messaging, communication groups and other network application services;
· User registration information, identity authentication information, electronic trading records, communication records, login logs and other information;
· Documents, pictures, audio, video, digital certificates, computer program & other electronic documents;
· Other information stored, processed and transmitted in digital form that can prove the facts of the case.
The law is set to take effect on 1st May 2020.